Independent Art Director + Designer
July 2015 – current
Digital, print and product art direction and design for multiple clients including: Translator, BigApps2017, Community x Design, Urban Outfitters/Anthropologie (Terrain), Textile Arts Center, Thea's English Standard Tea, Kivvit, Google, White Heat Yoga, Queer Soup Night
Founder, writer and curator of Loss Letters.
Manager of Graphic Design + Art Direction; Senior Leadership Team
Lilly Pulitzer | July 2010 – july 2015
Developed and led implementation of visual strategy through creative direction, team management and 3-year planning. Grew design team from one to fully-staffed department servicing web, print, social media, retail and B2B.
- Created Life in Print visual brand identity across multiple touch points: digital, direct mail, and facilitated the translation to store design; Results: $12-14 ROI for direct mail, increased homepage engagement and email campaign response at double and triple the industry standard.
- Selected for the Senior Leadership Team, a group of 30 employees working with the Operating Committee developing and implementing strategy to double revenue over a 3 year period.
- Directed photo-shoots with world renowned photographers including Russell James, Ben Watts and Roland Bello.
- Co-led ecommerce website relaunch and innovated on product photography. Results: Highest online sales since site launch, record sales year for the brand.
- Collaborated with Consumer Relations Manager to implement design strategy based on consumer segmentation and test new segments. Results: Consumer retention rates and average annual spends have steadily increased.
Quaker City Mercantile | Apr 2007 – July 2010
Developed and designed brand identities, packaging design, illustration and guerilla strategies with a balanced conceptual approach. Accounts include: William & Grant, Lilly Pulitzer, Feel Good Café, Aramark and Art in the Age.
Power Design | Sep 2006 – Jan 2007
Designed brand identities, websites and print materials. Accounts include: GlaxoSmithKline, Northeastern University, Penn GSE, CN8 and Swiss Farms.
University of Delaware
Bachelor of fine arts in visual communication – concentration in graphic design | 2006
Art Direction Intern
Hill, Holliday | Summer 2006
Assisted in design and major pitches. Accounts include: CVS, Grolsh Beer, Habitat for Humanity, Dunkin' Donuts, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and LoJacks.
Study Abroad in London, England
Five-week study in design and art direction with studio, exhibition and agency visits including: Alan Fletcher, Williams Murray Hamm, Mother, BBH, Michael Johnson and Pentagram.
- Product Management, General Assembly | Sept 2017
- Unthinkable Mind with Lynda Barry | July 2014
- Gotham Memoir Writing I and II with Domenica Ruta | 2013 + 2014